Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fine Frakin' Art . . .

A couple of weeks ago I was dragged to a charity auction by my loving and beautiful wife. Not wanting to seem unsupportive and petulant, I decided to make the best of the situation and brought my camera - least I have something to occupy myself with in the event the outting proved interminable.

Not having used my lensbaby in many months I thought I could experiment with the darker side of photography - that of "Fine Art".

Now - to explain - "Fine Art" photography to me has always seemed a polite synonym for "pictures you couldn't sell to your mother." In my experience, any photographer who calls themself a fine art photographer has a perversely odd sense of subject and composition along with an over inflated sense of self-worth. In the computer programming world they are akin to "hacks".

Not wanting to be left out - here are my submissions to the "Fine Art Photography" genre . . . My photographic vision? Yeah - whatever.










2 comments:

Tuguldur said...

what a cool stuff! :D

does that kit has canon mount? how do you attach to your camera?

Anonymous said...

Oh haha! How cool! I wanted one of these so bad while I was in Santa Fe over the summer, but they didnt have the one I wanted. Im so glad your using the "toy" lens! -john lawrence