Saturday, August 2, 2008

Distracted

Spent the afternoon at a workshop in the University of Arizona Museum of Art (UAMA) on portrait photography. The instructor was very nice and tried his best to encourage the 15 individuals who attended, but I have to say I learned nothing. Did get to shoot a few pics of one of the attendees - beautiful girl named "Salena" I think - a Canon G9 shooter, who was gracious enough to give my camera a pretty smile.




While the instructor showed the rest of the class how to use fill-flash and adjust depth of field using the aperture settings on their point-and-shoots, I wandered off to find better distractions and stay away from the ab-initio wanna-be's roving lenses. I came across this group of skateboarders practicing their art behind the Museum. They kindly consented to a group portrait.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the shots of the girl...what lens/settings did you use? :) The skaters look like a cool group as well...like the pp on it.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment M. I love comments from fellow photogs. :) All shots in this post are: Canon EOS 1D MKIIN | 85mm F/1.2L @ F/1.4 | ISO 100 | Auto WB | Aperture priority

Dean said...

Hi Dave-
Love the sk8ters too - also like your more frequent postings! Am trying blogging too, but need to learn more about html coding...
-Dean